FNH USA Distinct Rewards™ Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ENTRY DEADLINE: March 31, 2014
SPONSOR: The FNH USA Distinct Rewards™ Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by FNH USA, LLC, 7918 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 400, McLean, VA 22102 (the “Sponsor”).
1. DATES: This Promotion is valid between 12:00 am EST January 10, 2014 through 11:59 pm EDT March 31, 2014. Entries to the FNH USA Distinct Rewards™ Sweepstakes may be submitted at any time from January 10, 2014 through March 31, 2014. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm EDT on March 31, 2014. Potential winners will be drawn at random no later than April 30, 2014.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding, without limitation, California, Florida, New York, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, The District of Columbia and other U.S. territories) who currently reside in the U.S., who are 21 years of age and older at the time of entry, and who are not legally disqualified from possessing a firearm. Employees, officers and directors of FNH USA, LLC, its affiliates, advertising design, print production and publicity agencies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of their households and anyone connected with the production and distribution of this Promotion are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
All winners must conform to all local, state and federal firearms laws and regulations, as applicable, and must make their own arrangements with Sponsor for delivery and transfer of firearm, including, without limitation, contacting an appropriate licensed firearms dealer and obtaining all firearms licenses and permits that may be required. All winners must meet all applicable local, state and federal firearm ownership eligibility requirements before obtaining possession of prize. Each winner must be able to complete an ATF Form #4473 and pass a NICS background check at his or her local firearms retailer that holds a valid Federal Firearms License. FNH USA, LLC will not be responsible for any fees collected by the retailer to perform these services. Such fees shall be at the winner’s sole expense. Failure to comply with each of these requirements will results in forfeiture of the prize. By entering this Promotion, participants agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Entrants shall not be eligible to win more than one FNH USA, LLC Promotion in any calendar year. THIS SWEEPSTAKES OFFER AND ENTRIES ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES OFFER IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROMOTION IF YOU DO NOT RESIDE WITHIN THE UNITED STATES.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entries to the FNH USA Distinct Rewards™ Sweepstakes may be submitted two ways: (a) online at www.distinctrewards.fnhusa.com by following the instructions to complete the official registration form, providing all requested information, and clicking on the “submit” button to enter Promotion drawing; or (b) by sending a 3” x 5” (or similar) card containing your name, date of birth, telephone number, physical mailing address and (if applicable) email address to FNH USA Distinct Rewards Program, P.O. Box 9424, McLean, VA 22102. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple entries will be deleted. Holster redemption not necessary to enter.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, returned, non-deliverable or illegible registrations or notifications or unavailable network connections, transmissions, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. By participating in the sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he/she fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
4. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner and ten (10) additional potential prize winners will be chosen in a random drawing no later than 11:59 pm EDT on April 30, 2014 from all eligible entries received. If a potential winner cannot accept the prize for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner chosen by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All prizes will be awarded. No prize transfers, assignments, cash equivalents or substitutions will be allowed, except in Sponsor’s discretion.
5. NOTIFICATION AND AWARDING OF PRIZE: Each potential winner will be notified on or about May 15, 2014 by email, mail or telephone and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) within thirty (30) days of notification in order to claim prize. Each potential winner’s Affidavit of Eligibility must be complete and include the potential winner’s social security number, which will be used solely to verify eligibility and for tax reporting purposes. Potential winners and all information provided by potential winners is subject to a verification process. The information in each potential winner’s Affidavit of Eligibility must be correct or the potential winner will be disqualified. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return a completed and executed Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (except where prohibited), as required, or if the Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
6. QUANTITIES, PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV") AND ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize: Polaris RZR 4 800 EPS Stealth Black LE (Blue) (approximate retail value $15,999). Ten (10) second prizes: two (2) FN SCAR® 16S carbines (approximate retail value $2,995 each), two (2) FN SC 1 over/under shotguns (approximate retail value $2,449 each), two (2) FNAR™ Competition rifles (approximate retail value $1,767 each), two (2) PS90® PDWs (approximate retail value $1,449 each), and two (2) FN Five-seveN® handguns (approximate retail value $1,329 each). Total retail value of all prizes is $35,977. Sponsor may award a substitute of comparable or greater value if any prize listed becomes unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning a prize are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. Sponsor has conducted no similar previous sweepstakes contests from which to estimate an anticipated number of eligible entries.
Each winner will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and other costs incurred in claiming a prize. All expenses not specifically stated are the sole responsibility of each winner. An IRS form #1099 will be issued to each winner for the full value of the prize, which is equal to the 2014 FNH USA MSRP in effect at the time the prize is released for shipment.
TRANSFER OF FIREARM: Transfer of the prize, if falling under the legal definition of firearm, shall be conducted through a federally-licensed Federal Firearms License (FFL) dealer. All firearms transfers will be conducted in strict compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. By entering this sweepstakes you acknowledge that you are not legally prohibited from owning or taking possession of a firearm.
7. DISQUALIFICATIONS: The prize will be deemed forfeited by any potential winner who: (1) is unable to demonstrate that he/she is legally qualified to possess firearms and ammunition under relevant state and federal law; (2) fails or refuses to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Release of Liability and (except where prohibited) a Publicity Release.
FNH USA, LLC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass Sponsor or any other person.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing. By registering and entering, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters. Noncompliance with these Official Rules will result in disqualification and forfeiture of any prize won. By acceptance of prize, winner (except where prohibited) agrees to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, city of residence, photograph, and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes without further compensation. All federal, state, and local laws apply. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. In either event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrants. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant, or refuse to award the prize to any entrant, who engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair, or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to Sponsor or the other entrants. Such improper conduct includes, but is not limited to falsifying personal information required during registration or prize claim; violating any term or condition stated herein; tampering with the administration of this sweepstakes; or intentionally trying to defraud Sponsor. All entrants further acknowledge that disqualification and/or forfeiture of prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
9. RELEASE/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission, except where prohibited by law, to FNH USA, LLC and its affiliated companies, to use the winner’s name, likeness, picture, voice and written or oral statements for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide and in any media including but not limited to the world wide web, without additional compensation or further notification, permission or consideration. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
By entering this Promotion or accepting a prize, all participants release, indemnify and hold harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, FNH USA, LLC, its dealers and distributors, successors and their respective advertising, design and print production agencies and all their respective shareholders, directors, officers and employees, one and all, from all actions and liability (including attorneys’ fees and costs) due to injury, loss or damage to person or property, including death, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from the use, misuse, acceptance or possession of any prize, or participation in this Promotion.
All prize winners waive the right 1) to assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and 2) to any liability claim which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize.
Sponsor (i) makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any prize; and (ii) disclaims any implied warranty. If any provision of this Promotion shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
10. ERRORS AND OMISSIONS: Sponsor, prize suppliers and all production agencies shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prizes awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Virginia and shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Virginia. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys’ fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
12. WINNERS LIST: A Winners List will be available after June 30, 2014. To obtain, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to FNH USA Distinct Rewards Program, P.O. Box 9424, McLean, VA 22102. Requests must be received by 11:59 pm EDT on July 31, 2014.
14. TRADEMARKS: All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The use of various prizes does not imply any participation in, or endorsement of, this Promotion by their respective companies.